FINE AND SCARCE PAIR OF THE 2-CENT ROTARY PRESS HORIZONTAL COIL, SCOTT 491.
With 1968 P.F. certificate
FINE-VERY FINE. A SCARCE COMPLETE SET OF PLATE BLOCKS OF THE 1917-19 PERF 11 WASHINGTON-FRANKLIN ISSUE.
Scott Retail as all hinged
VERY FINE. AN EXTREMELY RARE BLOCK OF THE 3-CENT SCOTT 501c VERTICAL PAIR, IMPERFORATE HORIZONTALLY.
This is the first multiple larger than a pair we have offered since keeping computerized records. Only 25 pairs are reported in Datz.
Ex Liberman. With 1989 P.F. certificate
FINE-VERY FINE AND EXTREMELY RARE PLATE BLOCK CONTAINING TWO MINT NEVER-HINGED AND ONE LIGHTLY-HINGED EXAMPLES OF THE 1917 11-CENT PERF 10 AT BOTTOM VARIETY. ONLY FIVE SUCH PLATE BLOCKS ARE KNOWN. AN OUTSTANDING EXHIBITION PIECE.
We record the following plate blocks containing Scott 511a:
1) plate no. 13470, Mint N.H., with two Perf 10 stamps in the bottom row, ex Zoellner
2) plate no. 13467, bottom row with one stamp fully perf 10 and two stamps transitional 10/11 gauge, the block offered here
3) plate no. 13467 with narrow selvage, three Perf 10 stamps in the bottom row, including a transitional 10/11 gauge, ex Curtis
4) plate no. 13469, bottom row with one stamp fully perf 10 and two stamps transitional 10/11 gauge, offered in our 2019 Rarities sale, ex "Sirron"
5) plate no. 13469, bottom row with one stamp transitional 10/11 gauge, offered in our 2018 Rarities sale.
From our 1970 and 1974 Rarities sales. With 1969 Friedl and 1974 P.F. certificates
EXTREMELY FINE MINT NEVER-HINGED PAIR OF THE 2-CENT TYPE VII IMPERFORATE, SCOTT 534B.
Most Type VII stamps were used by private vending and affixing machine companies. However, unlike Scott 314A and 482A, a small supply of the imperforate 2c Type VII stamps reached the public. Mint N.H. multiples of this issue are very rare.
Ex Liberman. With 1987 P.F. certificate for block of four