Census of 1c Blue, Type I (Scott 5)
- An early photo shows writing (either pen or pencil) across the strip, which, if accurate, indicates that such writing was erased.
- Each stamp neatly cancelled by crossed manuscript “X” from corner to corner. Manuscript postmark “Buckeystown Md. November 17th” (probably 1851) on cover to Johnsonville O.
- Bruce G. Daniels sale 3/7/1953, lot 74, apparently purchased by Jack E. Molesworth, who sent it to SBA?on 3/14/1953.
- Kelleher Sale 679, 2/2/16 - $40,000 hammer
- PFC 444120 "it is a genuine usage, Position 8R1E with a light crease"