Census of 1c Blue, Type I (Scott 5)
- PFC states vertical tear in left stamp (Pos. 6R), tiny tear in right stamp (Pos. 8R), all repaired, lifted and replaced. 1981 and 1987 Siegel?Rarities descriptions note only a closed tear at bottom of Pos. 6R.
- Strip tied by indistinct black “North Cumberland Pa.” cds on Jan. 1852 folded letter to Milton Pa., part handwritten and part-printed, dealing with tracts of land sold for taxes.
- Reported to be ex Emmerson C. Krug, but not contained in SBA July 1949 private treaty list of Krug collection nor in Siegel sale 5/21/1958.
- Siegel 1981 Rarities, Sale 479 4/21/1981, lot 50, realized $50,000 vs. $40,000 Scott value, described “left stamp Pos. 6 has closed tear at bottom”.
- Siegel 1987 Rarities, Sale 679 5/2/1987, lot 79, realized $42,500 vs. $60,000 Scott value, described “left stamp has closed tear at bottom.
- Siegel 2008 Rarities, Sale 958, 6/7/2008, lot 528 (on cover) - realized $105,000 hammer vs. $75,000-100,000 estimate
- The Hanover Collection, Siegel Sale 1122, 4/7/2016, lot 4 - unsold
- PFC 177630 (1987) states vertical tear in left stamp, tiny tear in right stamp, all repaired, lifted and replaced.
- 2008 PSE certificate as a singfle, graded XF 90 Jumbo