Census of 1c Blue, Type I (Scott 5)
- The cutting into the design at bottom brings this copy within the SBA definition of “A?Type I before the type characteristics were destroyed by separation.” Stamp has a bleached white stain on Franklin’s shoulder and an indication in the same area of a crease or scuff. Color is standard Blue, neither pale nor dark. Cover is slightly reduced at left, also wrinkled and scuffed.
- 7R1E tied by black “Cincinnati O. Apr. 7” cds on buff printed circular from a Buffalo NY book publisher seeking “agents.”?Sent from Cincinnati to Mt. Vernon IL.
- Siegel?1984 Rarities #632 4/14/1984, lot 179, realized $7,000 vs. $30,000 Scott value.
- Reiger sale 2/15/1985, lot 57, realized $6,500 vs. $30,000 Scott value.
- Siegel?sale 12/3/1985, lot 22, realized $8,500 vs. $30,000 Scott value.
- Superior sale 11/16/1987, lot 7, realized $9,000 vs. $30,000 Scott value.
- Ivy Shreve &?Mader sale 12/13/1991, lot 51, realized $6,500 vs. $32,500 Scott value.
- Superior sale 6/22/1998, lot 121, unsold vs. $37,500 Scott value.