Census of 1c Blue, Type I (Scott 5)
- Originally a strip of three, Pos. 6-8R1E, in which state it remained until after the 1983 Manning sale. Thereafter, the right stamp, 8R, was removed.
- Deep blue “Nashville (Ten.) Nov. 14” cds.
- Ex George H. Worthington, J. C. Morgenthau sale 8/21/1917, lot 40, as a strip of three, purchased for
- $220 for SBA, cancellation misdescribed as “Washington Nov. 14”.
- Harmer Rooke sale 4/26/1944 as a strip of three, lot 52, realized $1,075.
- Manning sale 9/23/1983, lot 30, as a strip of three.
- Right stamp removed, leaving pair of 6-7R1E
- Ex James Hewitt, Ivy sale 5/26/1986 (Ameripex), lot 93, as a pair Pos. 6-7R1E, realized $32,000 vs.
- $25,700 Scott value.
- William H. Gross Collection, Siegel Sale 1188, 10/3/2018, lot 30 - $135,000 hammer
- PFC 125444 (1983) for the strip of three.
- PFC 555794 (2018) as pair "it is genuine"