Census of 1c Blue, Type I (Scott 5)
- Vertical creases.
- Black grid on each stamp.
- H. R. Harmer sale 1/18/1966, lot 124, realized $2,400 vs. $2,525 Scott value.
- Ivy & Mader sale 3/27/1996, lot 26, unsold vs. $45,000?Scott value.
- Offered privately to Wagshal on 6/9/1996 at $17,500—offer declined.
- Ivy & Mader sale 12/13/1996, lot 73, realized $13,000 vs. $45,000 Scott value.
- Nutmeg sale 11/5/1997, lot 71.
- Ivy & Mader description comments:?“recent records show that there are two unused and 54 used examples of the Type I, among the used examples are seven used pairs (three pos. 6-7R1E and four pos. 7-8R1E).”?This statement appears to have excluded covers.
- PFC 21557 (1965) “vertical creases”.