Census of 1c Blue, Type I (Scott 5)
- This stamp has the largest margins of any known 7R1E.
- SBA noted a “yellow stain” and the shade as pale blue.
- Black cds with integral “3 Paid” and “May” date (probably 1852).
- Ex Henry C. Gibson. Stated by SBA to have been sold by Philip Ward in November 1945.
- Ex Harold G. Duckworth, Harmer Rooke sale 12/11/1962, lot 41, realized $6,500 vs. $1,350?Scott value, but reported to have been returned for an undescribed fault.
- Exhibited at Court of Honor in Toronto 1951.