Census of 1c Blue, Type I (Scott 5)
- Described in 1980 Harmer sale with “closed internal tear and small thin”.
- Black grid.
- This stamp was part of the Harry L. Jefferys collection that was donated to the Franklin Institute. It was part of the material deaccessioned in 1951 and 1952 Harmer Rooke sales.
- Ex Harry L. Jefferys, Harmer Rooke sale 1/22-23/1952, lot 63, described “repaired”, realized $330 vs. $1,000 Scott value.
- Fifield sale 10/29/1957, lot 10, realized $____ vs. $1,000 Scott value.
- Ex Arnold D. Frese, H.R. Harmer sale 6/28/1980, lot 10, realized $2,800 vs. $13,000 Scott value.
- PFC 8292A (1957) stating “defect on back”.
- PFC 501151 "it is genuine, with a sealed internal tear at center and a tiny thin spot at upper right"