Census of 1c Blue, Type I (Scott 5)
- Vertical crease at top left. At one point after the 1989 Siegel sale, the curved right margin was trimmed to become more even.
- Black grid.
- Reportedly purchased circa 1966 by Clifford C. Cole Jr. of Atlanta from a dealer’s stock, where identified as a No. 7. Mr. Cole informed the dealer and they agreed on a compromise price as 7R1E.
- Kelleher sale 5/2/1995, lot 385, realized $16,000 vs. $15,000 Scott value.
- Siegel 1988 Rarities, Sale 692, 4/23/1988, lot 53, realized $14,000 vs. $22,500 Scott value.
- Siegel 1989 Rarities, Sale 708, 4/15/1989, lot 61, realized $15,000 vs. $22,500 Scott value.
- Perry B. Hansen Collection, Siegel Sale 963, 10/28/2008, lot 83 - realized $27,000 hammer versus $85,000 Scott value.
- PFC 24715 (1967) issued to Clifford C. Cole Jr., noting a vertical crease at left.
- PFC 294129 (1995), after trimming the right margin, noting a vertical crease at left.