Census of 1c Blue, Type I (Scott 5)
- Two part strikes of black grid (appears to be Boston large “Paid” grid)
- Ex Samuel W. Richey, sold to R. J. Wagner in April 1940. Wagner died in September 1940. Stamp was auctioned in Cleveland in February (1941?) by High Hat Auction Service
- Siegel #338 8/13/1968, lot 224, realized $1,200 vs. $3,850 Scott value, described with small corner repair and filled thin.
- John W. Kaufmann sale 3/21/1984, lot 9, realized $6,000 vs. $20,000?Scott value.
- Offered in 1985 net price sale by William R. Weiss Jr. for $11,000.
- PFC states “with defects and repairs”. Described by Siegel as small repair in corner and filled thin.
- PFC 29169 (1968) “genuine, defective and repaired”.
- PFC 132271 (1984) “Pos. 7R1E with defects and repairs”.