Census of 1c Blue, Type I (Scott 5)
- This 7R1E was cut from a strip of three, Pos. 5-7R1E, at a point after issuance of the 1989.
- Perry B. Hansen Collection, Siegel Sale 963, 10/28/2008, lot 84 - realized $28,000 hammer versus $85,000 Scott value
- PFC and before the Siegel?4/20/1991 sale. The absence of top and bottom margins brings this 7R1E single within the SBA definition of “A Type I before the type characteristics were destroyed by separation”.
- PFC 389 (1946) for strip of three, stating “cleaned”.
- PFC 51826 (1975) for the strip of three, no reference to cleaning.
- PFC 215275 (1989) issued to David Zlowe for strip of three, no reference to cleaning.
- The strip of three plated and signed by SBA on 4/26/1946 for Paul Bluss of NYC.
- Siegel 1991 Rarities #737 4/20/1991, the 5R and 6R sold as single stamps, lots 247 (realized $3,250) and 248 (realized $2,600), each with a PFC.