Census of Millbury Mass. 5c Black on Bluish Postmaster's Provisional (Scott 7X1)
- Stamp tied by red “Paid” on cover to William E. Hoit, care of Loder & Co., 83 Cedar St., New York City
- “Milbury Ms. Jan. 12” (1847) cds Latest recorded date of use
- “5” sans-serif numeral in circle
- c1896 Discovered by niece of addressee in family home in Worcester Mass.
- c1897 To New England Stamp Co.
- c1897 To Frank J. Dutcher from Nassau Stamp Co.
- 1906 Pictured on holiday greeting card from Nassau Stamp Co.
- 19?? To Henry G. Lapham (after Dutcher), probably thru Warren H. Colson
- 1928 Apr. 4 Collectors Club of New York, exhibited by Henry G. Lapham
- 1936 TIPEX, exhibited by Raymond W. Lapham (Grand Award)
- 1939 Henry G. Lapham dies, collection sold over years thru Colson
- 1940? To Peter H. B. Frelinghuysen Jr.
- 2012 Siegel Sale of Frelinghuysen Collection, Sale 1020, 3/28/2012, lot 15, $400,000 hammer to William H. Gross
- 2018 Siegel Sale 1188, 10/3/2018, lot 6, $300,000 hammer
- PFC 501330 "It is a Genuine Usage"