Census of Annapolis, Md., 5c Carmine Red on White, Postmaster's Provisional (Scott 2XU1)
- Envelope 120 x 71 mm to Charles S. Carstairs, care of Latour & Co., 261 South Front St., Philadelphia
- “Annapolis Md. 20 Mar.” (1846 or 1847) cds in blue
- 1895 (Jan.) Discovered by Gus A. Burger of Burger & Co. in the Carstairs business correspondence in Philadelphia (probably Carstairs & McCall)
- c1895 To William A. Castle, 41 Park Row, NYC, from Burger & Co.
- c1903 To the Earl of Crawford (from Castle thru unknown dealer)
- 1915 To John A. Klemann, Nassau Stamp Co. from Lord Crawford estate (U.S. collection)
- 1915 To Alfred H. Caspary from Klemann
- 19(?) Sold privately by Caspary, possibly to Henry G. Lapham
- 1957 To Peter H. B. Frelinghuysen Jr.
- 2012 Siegel Sale 1020, 3/28/2012, lot 2, sold for $550,000 hammer to William H. Gross
- 2018 Siegel Sale 1188, 10/3/2018, lot 3 for $390,000 hammer