Census of 1911, 25c Black, Rodgers "Vin Fiz" Semi-Official Air Post (Scott CL2)
- Formerly CL2-USPC-PASADENA 11/8/1911
- Start: 11/1 Willcox Ariz.
- Stops: 11/1 Tucson and Maricopa Ariz.
- 11/2 Phoenix and Stoval Ariz.
- 11/3 Imperial Junction Cal.
- 11/4 Banning Cal.
- 11/5 Beaumont and Pomona Cal.
- Finish: 11/5 Pasadena Cal.
- Postmark: Pasadena Cal. 11/8 8:00PM
- Message: "Willcox Arz. Dear Otto, As the first Transcontinental Rogers Aeroplane (Atlantic to Pacific Coast) passes through here today, I'll use these means of conveyance to air route to send you a few lines which please attach to your stamp collection. With kind regards to all, You're a.b.i.l. C.F. Threle"
- From/To: C.F. Threle to Otto Hunter, Umbrella Factory at Coln, Germany
- Note: Only recorded use of CL2 on U.S. Postal Card. Realized $88,000 in
- Siegel 1999 Rarities sale (lot 234)