Census of 5c Gray Brown (Scott 205C)
- Stamp has 1944 letter from Edwin Muller of Mercury Stamp Company addressed to Mr. H.F. Engelhart in Fort Worth, Texas, guaranteeing this stamp and a Scott 204 are genuine, and notes the buyer paid $1,500 for the two stamps.
- 4/24/1982, Siegel Auction Galleries, 1982 Rarities of the World, “XF”
- 4/11-12/2018, The David Wingate Collection, Siegel Auction Galleries, The David Wingate Collection of United States Stamps, Sale 1180, Lot 254, Realized $30,000
- 11/9-10/2021, Arthur S. Przybyl Collection, Siegel Auction Galleries, The Arthur S. Przybyl Collection of United States, Confederate States and Hawaii, Sale 1244, Lot 292, Realized $32,500
- PF 257339 Genuine slightly toned with a tiny stain at bottom right
- PF 353824 (2000) Genuine